The wrap skirt is classic, easy to make and fun to wear. With an androgynous feel, it suits both him and her. Our Wrap Skirt sewing pattern comes with an option for drafting a custom pattern.
This wrap skirt is fully lined. It can be made reversible, and embellished according to sewists whim. I made mine with simple cotton and contrasting lining to achieve a modest everyday look. Using colourful satin turns this style to a party-appropriate garment, and light wool makes it warm enough to wear during the winter. This style will also work with just one layer. For the summer, try sewing this skirt with light, patterned cotton! For a more feminine look, cut the corner on the front hem to a rounder shape, and trim the skirt with a narrow ruffle or a bit of lace. If you want a masculine look, try thick twill, or even leather.
Inside the download, (zip-file size 4,6Mt), You’ll find a pdf-pattern with the wrap skirt in sizes 32-42, and a sewing tutorial written in Finnish and English. You’ll also find a tutorial on how to draft a wrap skirt pattern, just in case You need a smaller or larger size. This is especially useful when creating a skirt for him: though the a-lined style is adjustable, You may want to modify the length!
Basic Skills Necessary:
- use Your sewing machine/serger
- take measurements
- work with pdf-patterns
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 32: waist 23.6, hip 33, length 36.2
- 34: waist 25.1, hip 34.6, length 37
- 36: waist 26.7, hip 36.2, length 37.7
- 38: waist 28.3, hip 37.7, length 38.5
- 40: waist 29.9, hip 39.3, length 39.3
- 42: waist 31.4, hip 40.9, length 40.1
- 1 yd -> of 60″ wide fabric
- same amount of lining
You Will Also Need:
- sewing machine
- serger (optional)
- paper, printer, and tape for putting the pattern together
- notions You like to use when sewing