Gothic fashion has a wide variety of unique styles, one of them being SteamPunk. Our SteamPunk Dress draws inspiration of that side of dark style, combining chic elements to draped hemline. Designed for petite beauties, this dress is easy to sew, and a pleasure to wear.
This pinafore-style dress features an open neckline (which means you should wear a blouse under it!), a large collar, and a gathered hem. It’s best made with slightly elastic twill, but also works well with non-elastic fabrics. The hem of this style is overly long, and is gathered to shape. Optionally, you can sew the hem without draping it, or even shorten it to knee-length.
The dress is available in sizes 32-38. The zip-file (size 3,9Mt) includes a pdf-patternsheet with all four sizes, and a fully illustrated tutorial for sewing the dress. The tutorial is written in Finnish and English, all in the same file.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 32: shoulder width 11.8, measurement from under the bust 27.5, waist 26.77, hip 35.4, length of back from shoulder to waist 13.3′
- 34: shoulder width 12.5, measurement from under the bust 29.1, waist 28.3, hip 37, length of back from shoulder to waist 13.7
- 36: shoulder width 13.3, measurement from under the bust 30.7, waist 29.9, hip 38.5, length of back from shoulder to waist 14.1
- 38: shoulder width 14.1, measurement from under the bust 32.2, waist 31.4, hip 40.1, length of back from shoulder to waist 14.5
- 2.7 – 3 yards of 60″ wide fabric (elastic twill preferred)
- at least seven large buttons
- one zipper (17″ -)
You Will Also Need:
- sewing machine
- serger (optional but recommended)
- printer, paper, and tape for the pattern
- notions you like to use when sewing