Basics always have a place in our closets. This cute little ruffle skirt is figure-hugging, super-comfy, and easy to mix and match. The skirt features an elastic waist band and a ruffle with curved ends and a hidden slit. The Pretty Basic Ruffle Skirt is a quick, easy project: sewing it shouldn’t take more than two hours, and you’ll only need a serger to make it.
The Pretty Ruffle Skirt comes in five sizes, from petite 32 to 40. All sizes are included in the download (dl size 1,3Mt). The download includes a pdf-pattern sheet, and written instructions for cutting and sewing. Since this is a Pretty Basic style, the instructions do not include a photo tutorial.
You’ll need to have basic knowledge of garment construction and of working with pdf-pattern to easily create this style. Techniques used are beginner-friendly.
- 32: Waist 24.4, hip 31.5, length 18.1″
- 34: Waist 25.9, hip 33, length 18.9″
- 36: Waist 27.5, hip 34.6, length 19.7″
- 38: Waist 29.1, hip 36.2, length 20.5″
- 40: Waist 30.7, hip 37.8, length 21.3″
Materials and equipment needed
- 150 cm / 60″ wide viscose jersey (80 cm / 32″)
- 5 cm / 2″ wide elastic band
- serger and sewing machine
- printer, paper, and tape for putting the pattern together
- notions you like to use when sewing