Casual parties with friends and family are the best thing. They’re also a perfect excuse to sew a new dress! Our Pretty Basic Party Dress is a cute little black dress. It’s best made with viscose jersey and mesh with a matching amount of ease. The combination of two elastic materials make the dress comfortable to wear.
The Pretty Basic Party Dress features a see-through yoke made without shoulder seams. It’s A-lined at the hem, and fitted at the waist. It has long, flared sleeves with a see-through hem. If you prefer short sleeves, just skip making the lower part!
This dress is designed for jerseys. It can be made with other elastic materials as well. If you choose to sew it with other materials, you may need to install a zipper.
Please note that the Pretty Basic Party Dress is available in petite sizes only!
The download (size 2,4Mt) includes a pattern sheet in sizes 32-36, and an illustrated sewing tutorial written only in English.
Basic Skills Necessary:
- working with elastic fabrics
- working with pdf-patterns
- having basic knowledge of garment construction
- 32: Bust 28.4, waist 24.4, hip 30, shoulder width 12.6, length 36.2, sleeve circumference at upper arm 8.6 inches
- 34: Bust 29.9, waist 26, hip 32.2, shoulder width 13.4, length 37, sleeve circumference at upper arm 9.4 inches
- 36: Bust 31.5, waist 28.3, hip 33.9, shoulder width 14.1, length 37.8, sleeve circumference at upper arm 10.2 inches
Materials and equipment needed
- 60″ wide viscose jersey, one length
- 60″ wide elastic lace fabric or mesh, approx 20″
- serger and sewing machine
- printer, paper, and tape for putting the pattern together
- notions you like to use when sewing