Bodycon dresses have quickly become a staple of fashion. Ranging from super-revealing to office-appropriate, figure-hugging dresses are here to stay.
Our bodycon style is designed to fit like a glove. The Pretty Basic Jersey Dress is best made with thicker viscose or cotton jersey. It comes with two neckline options, and cuffed sleeves. The hem can be modified in length, and the dress, being fitted and simple, is easy to mix and match. It goes with all kinds of cardigans and vests, can be worn under another dress, or made super-short and paired with cute leggings.
The Pretty Basic Jersey Dress comes in five sizes, from petite 32 to 40. All sizes are included in the download (dl size 2,6Mt). The download includes a pdf-pattern sheet, and written instructions for cutting and sewing. Since this is a Pretty Basic style, the instructions do not include a photo tutorial.
You’ll need to have basic knowledge of garment construction and of working with pdf-pattern to easily create this style. Techniques used are beginner-friendly.
- 32: Bust 28.4, waist 24.4, hip 30, shoulder width 12.6, length 36.2, sleeve circumference at upper arm 8.6 inches
- 34: Bust 29.9, waist 26, hip 32.2, shoulder width 13.4, length 37, sleeve circumference at upper arm 9.4 inches
- 36: Bust 31.5, waist 28.3, hip 33.9, shoulder width 14.1, length 37.8, sleeve circumference at upper arm 10.2 inches
- 38: Bust 33, waist 29.9, hip 35.4, shoulder width 15, length 38.6, sleeve circumference at upper arm 11 inches
- 40: Bust 34.6, waist 31.5, hip 37, shoulder width 15.7, length 39.3, sleeve circumference at upper arm 11.8 inches
Materials and equipment needed
- 60″ wide viscose jersey (1 yard up)
- serger and sewing machine
- printer, paper, and tape for putting the pattern together
- notions you like to use when sewing