Mermaid skirts have always been a popular way to show off the female form. Our Mermaid Skirt Sewing Pattern bears bondage-inspired elements as little, eye-catching details.
Our Mermaid Skirt has a traditional, trumpet-shaped hem, a shaped back seam, and a shaped waist band. The tight-fitting skirt is best made with elastic fabrics, such as stretchy twill or gabardine. The style also has two pockets at the sides, and a lacing at the back of the knees. It can be embellished with D-rings, or left plain.
This style is available in five sizes (34-42) which are all included in the download. The zip-file (3,7Mt) includes a pdf-patternsheet, and a fully illustrated tutorial for sewing. The tutorial is written in Finnish and English.
Basic Skills Necessary:
- use your sewing machine/serger
- have basic knowledge of garment construction
- work with pdf-patterns
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 34: waist 25.1, hip 36.2, circumference of hem around the knee 32.2, side length 41.3
- 36: waist 26.7, hip 37.7, circumference of hem around the knee 33.8, side length 42.1
- 38: waist 28.3, hip 39.3, circumference of hem around the knee 35.4, side length 42.9
- 40: waist 29.9, hip 40.9, circumference of hem around the knee 37, side length 43.7
- 42: waist 31.4, hip 42.5, circumference of hem around the knee 38.5, side length 44.4
- at least 1.7 yards of 60″ wide elastic fabric (gabardine preferred)
- a zipper at least 8″ long
- a desired amount (10 ->) of eyelets
- two buttons
- a few D-rings (optional)
You Will Also Need:
- sewing machine
- printer, paper, and tape for putting the pattern together
- notions you like to use when sewing