Two layers of light jersey, reverse puff sleeves, and a large hood are key elements in our Hooded Dress. This fitted dress can be made in many ways, and worn with versatile accessories.
This style is best sewn with light, elastic fabrics such as viscose or cotton jersey. You can also choose a light knit as the base of the hooded dress, and top it with elastic chiffon or mesh. Choosing contrast colors for the inside of the hood and cuffs give the dress a funky feel, and picking lace for the outer fabric brings a bit of luxury into the simple style.
The dress can be made with or without a hood, and the hem can be cut straight, wavy, or even ragged. The choice is yours!
The pattern is available in sizes 32-40 (all included in the download size 3,1Mt). The download includes a pdf-pattern sheet, and a fully illustrated sewing tutorial. The tutorial is written in Finnish and English.
Basic Skills Necessary:
- working with elastic fabrics
- working with pdf-patterns
- having basic knowledge of garment construction
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 32: shoulder width 12.6, bust 29.9, waist 28.3, hip 39.3, sleeve length 24.4, circumference of sleeve 11, full length 38.5
- 34: shoulder width 13.3, bust 31.4, waist 29.9, hip 40.9, sleeve length 25.1, circumference of sleeve 11.8, full length 39.3
- 36: shoulder width 14.1, bust 33, waist 31.4, hip 42.5, sleeve length 25.9, circumference of sleeve 12.6, full length 40.1
- 38: shoulder width 14.9, bust 34.6, waist 33, hip 44, sleeve length 26.7, circumference of sleeve 13.3, full length 40.9
- 40: shoulder width 15.7, bust 36.2, waist 34.6, hip 45.6, sleeve length 27.5, circumference of sleeve 14.1, full length 41.7
- 2,70 yards of light, elastic fabric, 60″ wide
- serger (sewing machine)
- 16″ of elastic lace for hoodless style
You Will Also Need:
- notions you like to use when sewing
- printer, paper, and tape for putting the pattern together