Fishnet is a key element in dark fashion. Versatile and androgynous, it can be made into many kinds of garments. Following in the footsteps of our Fishnet Gloves, the light Fishnet Top can work for both him and her.
The model sweater is made with upcycled cotton, which is pretty close to the weight of Drops(tm) Cotton Viscose yarn. The sport weight yarn can be substituted with almost anything as long as the gauge matches. Cotton makes the fishnet top light for the summer, wool blend gives it extra warmth for the winter.
The sizing of this top is on the narrow side. It is worked in the round without shaping, so it suits a narrow, boyish figure best of all.
The pattern is beginner-friendly. It includes written instructions in Finnish and English, and a chart for the fishnet pattern. It also includes tips on how to modify the sweater to different hem and sleeve lengths.
Basic Skills Necessary:
- basics of knitting
24 stitches and 32 rows = 4″ x 4″
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- XS: circumference of body 32.2, full length 16.5, circumference of sleeve 10.2, sleeve length 22.8
- S: circumference of body 35.4, full length 17.3, circumference of sleeve 11.8, sleeve length 23.2
- M: circumference of body 38.5, full length 18.1, circumference of sleeve 13.3, sleeve length 23.6
- L: circumference of body 41.7, full length 18.8, circumference of sleeve 14.9, sleeve length 20
- 800-1200 yards (amount may vary) of sport weight yarn
- circular needle size 3,5mm / US4
- DPNs size 3,5mm / US4
- crochet hook size 3,5mm / US4
You Will Also Need:
- tapestry needle for weaving in ends
Drops Cotton Viscose