The Faerie Dragon Shawlette is designed for two contrast colored skeins of self-patterning yarn. With a free-form stripe pattern, the shawlette gains a unique coloration. The Faerie Dragon is a lazy-curve vortex shawlette worked in garter stitch, and features lace rows and columns.
The Faerie Dragon Shawlette can be made using almost any kind of yarn and any needle size. Gauge doesn’t play an important role in this design. You can determine the size of the shawlette as you knit along. The model shawlette is made with hand-dyed merino-silk, but feel free to choose a light cotton, a soft wool, or even a lurex-embellished yarn.
The Faerie Dragon Shawlette Knitting Pattern (dl-size 1,5Mt) comes with a chart and written instructions with stitch count for the lace patterns, and written instructions on how to stripe the shawlette. For now, the pattern is available in English only.
- 5cm X 5cm / 2″ X 2″ of garter stitch = 10 stitches and 12 rows
- Fingering weight yarn, two contrast colored skeins with yardage 100 grams / 3.53 ounces = 400 meters / 437 yards
- Circular needle size 3mm / US 3
- Crochet hook size 3,5mm / US 4
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
- Easy intermediate (you will need to have basic knowledge of reading charts and working with lace patterns)
- Wing span 180 cm / 70″, height 50 cm / 20″