Simple dresses made with festive materials always work for informal parties. Daisy’s Dress is best made with two elastic materials, such as lycra and velvet. An empire-waist paired with a shaped hem makes the dress both comfortable and flattering, and short sleeves add a casual element to it.
If you prefer a puffball hem, this dress comes with an easy-to-create option for that, too!
Daisy’s Dress is designed for two elastic materials. The bodice and sleeves are made with a solid-colored lycra, and the hem with printed velvet. When choosing fabrics, make sure they have an equal amount of stretch.
You can make Daisy’s Dress in just one color, choose two different prints, or even sew the dress with two layers. Try using elastic lining and lace for a seriously cute party dress!
Daisy’s Dress comes in five sizes, from petite 32 to 40. All sizes are included in the download (dl size 1,Mt). The download includes a pattern sheet and written instructions on how to sew Daisy’s Dress.
You’ll need to have basic knowledge of garment construction and of working with pdf-pattern to easily create this style. Techniques used are beginner-friendly, but the use of printed velvet may raise difficulty level just a bit.
- 32: Shoulder width 12.5, sleeve length 9.4, circumference of sleeve at cuff 9.4, waist 25.1, bust 29.9, hip 37.7, full length 35.4
- 34: Shoulder width 13.3, sleeve length 10.2, circumference of sleeve at cuff 10.2, waist 26.7, bust 31.4, hip 39.3, full length 36.2
- 36: Shoulder width 14.1, sleeve length 11, circumference of sleeve at cuff 11, waist 28.3, bust 33, hip 41, full length 37.7
- 38: Shoulder width 14.9, sleeve length 11.8, circumference of sleeve at cuff 11.8, waist 29.9, bust 35.4, hip 42.5, full length 39.3
- 40: Shoulder width 15.7, sleeve length 12.5, circumference of sleeve at cuff 12.5, waist 31.4, bust 37, hip 44, full length 41
- 32: Shoulder width 32, sleeve length 24, circumference of sleeve at cuff 24, waist 64, bust 76, hip 96, full length 90
- 34: Shoulder width 34, sleeve length 26, circumference of sleeve at cuff 26, waist 68, bust 80, hip 100, full length 92
- 36: Shoulder width 36, sleeve length 28,circumference of sleeve at cuff 28, waist 72, bust 84, hip 104, full length 96
- 38: Shoulder width 38, sleeve length 30, circumference of sleeve at cuff 30, waist 76, bust 90, hip 108, full length 100
- 40: Shoulder width 40, sleeve length 32, circumference of sleeve at cuff 34, waist 80, bust 94, hip 112, full length 104
Materials and Equipment needed
- Two elastic fabrics, exact amount defined in the tutorial
- A bit of elastic lace (optional)
- serger and sewing machine
- printer, paper, and tape for putting the pattern together
- notions you like to use when sewing