This spring, however, the blazer felt a little too snug. Might have been the pullover I wore under it, or maybe it shrunk (ladies do not gain weight so it can’t be that), who knows, but still it felt uncomfortable.
I had steel boning and black, stretchy satin stashed, along with a tube-ful of large buttons.
Asymmetric buttoning is a bit of a pain to create: one needs to measure and re-measure carefully, but I managed to get the loops done with just two takes.
Starting the remake process, I thought I’d give the corset black bone channels. Rummaging through my stash, I ran into the remains of the purple lining, and thought what the hey, might as well give the thing a bit of colour.