A skater dress is a classic. It’s versatile, comfortable, and very easy to accessorize. Our SkaterDress – Modded or Unmodded sewing pattern is easy, fit for nearly any occasion, and simple to alter. This style can be made with a long hem, long or short sleeves, high or revealing neckline, You name it.
This skater dress pattern includes two variations to the basic pattern: a plain version, and a Gothic one. The plain version comes with elbow-length sleeves which can be lengthened to Your taste, a fitted bodice, and a circle hem.
The Gothic option sports a lacing in the front of the bodice, a large, lace trimmed hood, and bell sleeves.
The tutorial also includes a recipe on how to make a version of the classic using a fitted store-bought blouse.
Feel free to mix and match elements to create fun designs!
The pattern includes sizes 32-28. The dress is designed for elastic fabrics. The tutorial is written in Finnish and English, and the dl-size is 6,1Mt.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 32: shoulder width 12.5, bust 32.2, waist 24.4, back length to waist 16.1, back length to hem 32.2, circumference of sleeve 8.6
- 34: shoulder width 13.3, bust 33, waist 25.9, back length to waist 16.5, back length to hem 33, circumference of sleeve 9.4
- 36: shoulder width 14.1, bust 34.6, waist 27.5, back length to waist 16.9, back length to hem 33.8, circumference of sleeve 10.2
- 38: shoulder width 14.9, bust 36.2, waist 29.1, back length to waist 17.3, back length to hem 34.6, circumference of sleeve 11
- 2,5 yards of 60″ wide elastic fabric such as cruched velvet for the hooded version OR 1,5 yards of 60″ wide cotton or viscose jersey for plain version
- OR one fitted blouse and a hem’s worth of fabric (or three) for the upcycled version
- one yard(ish) of lace for the hooded version, along with satin ribbon if You want the lacing
You Will Also Need:
- sewing machine
- printer, paper, and tape for the pattern
- notions You like to use when sewing