A comfortable, long dress for everyday wear is a must. This one has a fitted empire-line and a wrap-cut. A bit of lace makes the dress extra-special, adding a pinch of fairy-dust to workdays.
This tutorial will help You draft a lace-trimmed wrap-cut dress with a fitted empire waist with the help of an ordinary top pattern. It also offers a fully illustrated sewing tutorial. With its help, You’ll be able to transform a basic top pattern into a lovely dress suitable for both office and free time. And if You don’t feel like drafting, use the pattern sheet included.
The dress has an empire waist at the front, and a wrap-cut on the bodice. The back of the dress is straight, and the hem fully closed.
The tutorial is written in Finnish and English. Please note, that this tutorial includes both a drafting tutorial, and a pdf-pattern in sizes 32-38.
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- free size, drafted pattern
- 32: shoulder width 12.6, bust 29.9, waist 26.7, hip 36.2, circumference of sleeve 10.2
- 34: shoulder width 13.3, bust 31.4, waist 27.5, hip 37.7, circumference of sleeve 11
- 36: shoulder width 14.1, bust 33, waist 29.1, hip 39.2, circumference of sleeve 11.8,
- 38: shoulder width 14.9, bust 34.6, waist 30.7, hip 40.9, circumference of sleeve 12.6
- viscose jersey/cotton jersey (one length for size S, one length plus the length of a sleeve for sizes M ->, fabric width 150 cm/ 60″)
- one yard(ish) of elastic lace
- one pattern for a fitted jersey top in Your size/ printer, paper, and tape if You prefer to use the pdf-pattern
You Will Also Need:
- sewing machine
- notions You like to use when sewing